Friday, September 19, 2008

Cempedak, Timun, Durian dan Sotong

What a topic huh? I have 3 strories to share today.

First, about cempedak. According to Wikipedia (heheh), Cempedak or chempedak (pronounced "chem-pe-dak"; syn. Artocarpus integer (Thunb.) Merr., Artocarpus polyphema Pers.) is a species of tree and its fruit in the family Moraceae. The taste of the fruit is similar to the related Jackfruit and Breadfruit with a hint of Durian. A sweet, mild, and juicy pulp surrounds the peanut-like seeds in a thick layer between the husk and an inedible core.

What has the cempedak to do with my story? Nothing! This is my blog..ikut suka lah kan.. Anyways, there's a Malay poem "Buah cempedak di luar pagar , ambil galah tolong tunjukkan, saya budak baru belajar kalau salah tolong tunjukkan". Translation.."yada yada ..about a student who is learning new things which needs guidance from the expert". I have a student, let's call him Cempedak. A very adorable, fine looking cempedak..grr..nyum nyum. The expert in the story is me (tenkiu tenkiu). I just taught Cempedak a new skill ie blogging. But my my my! What a student! The day that Cempedak creates his blog, he posted 8 entries on the same day on different stories. Amboi amboi.. lawan tauke nampak.


Then come the second story. There's this kind hearted-loving-sweet-amazing timun (cucumber) who taught a eager-intelligent-yummy durian on a new skill , say blogging again. So the durian is so into the blogging arena until he sleeps at 4 am due to this new found skill. He is now a sleep deprived durian and guess what? He looked at timun and said, "This is all your fault... because of you.. I now have less sleep". Sigh. Being a timun - even if she rolled over the durian, she'll hurt herself. And still, she'll hurt if the durian rolled over her. Ajar susah..tak ajar susah.

So moral of the story from 2 stories above. If you want to be a fruit - choose to be a fruit with torn. Boleh buli orang. Tapi kalau dah born as human tu, just be human lah. Apasal nak jadi buah pulak? Mendee lah! Plus, puasa2 ni..banyakkan makan buah. Elok untuk kesihatan.. ha ha ha ha. Cakap pasal buah ni lapar la pulak. Bukak puasa dengan cempedak goreng, rojak buah dengan pengat durian pun alright jugak..! Why am I talking nonsense? It's because of the third story. Hampeh!

The last story I have is on sotong. Today, in two different occasions I have to deal with a lady, let's call her sotong lah. This sotong is very blur. In fact, tahap blur tu boleh dikategorikan tahap sotong kurita. She is so blur that she choked me with all those hands and made wonder why am I wasting almost 2 hours of my time today talking to her. Because in the end, I do not know what she want, I definitely know that she do not know what I'm talking about because when she repeat what she thought she hear me saying , she said totally different thing (she even thought I'm someone else..suara sedap macam ni pun tak kenal..susah betoi), and she has left 9 poor souls in the meeting so confused that they did not say a word.

I have a friend on the same meeting, let's call him Smarty Pants (SP), a Sabahan living in Sydney, who instant messaged me during this meeting saying repeatedly "just say yes.. do not answer her.. do not say another word.. you're making her dragged us into a deeper maze...say u have to leave for other meeting...end this misery, tolong la... ". And the meeting has became a joke because we are started instant messaging each other trying to understand what is going on. When I told SP that I think Ms Sotong is not on the same page with us, the response was "don't talk about the same page, she is in a different library".

Actually I ended the misery... MY MISERY. Told Ms Sotong, I'm late for another meeting and I have to leave (which is true btw). SP sent me instant message immediately, "Tell her to release me too", which I replied "save your own *ss". Sigh. I do not know how Ms Sotong has survived in her life. Then again, may be her blurness brought her to where she is right now. Oh Life.... ! I'm amazed...

OK lah..malam ni dah malam ke-20. That means the pursuit of lailatul qadar starts tonight. May all of us get the barakah... Insya Allah.

1 comment:

Deep said...

Along, Assalamualaikum. Ni kaklong Adibah from USM dolu2 tu. How are you? Nice to hear that you're getting married soon, Alhamdulillah. Rajin rajin datang lah umah kaklong. Call me @0176766064.Lepas dah ambil no ni, delete lah comment ni kay. Kang satu dunia lak call kaklong. Selamat hari Raya Aidil fitri maaf zahir dan batin.